Restylane® is a type of dermal filler that works to smooth away wrinkles and creases, plump up thin lips, add volume to the hollows under your eyes, enhance shallow facial contours and improve the appearance of scars. This cosmetic injectable is similar to JUVÉDERM® and works to produce near-immediate improvements to your appearance.
Restylane is made with hyaluronic acid (HA). HA is a natural hydrating substance that works to restore the structure and contours of your skin. As you age, the skin of your face stretches, and the HA present diminishes due to factors such as sun exposure, heredity and lifestyle. Restylane restores HA to your skin, enabling you to achieve a smoother, more youthful and completely natural appearance.
There are several types of Restylane available depending on your cosmetic goals, including:
- Restylane Silk, used to create smooth, silky lips.
- Restylane Refyne, for refining laugh lines.
- Restylane Defyne, which helps create smoothing results while preserving natural movement.
- Restylane Eyelight, fills the undereye area hollows to help people look more refreshed, while maintaining a natural look and feel.
- Restylane Lyft, helps complete your aesthetic look with natural-looking volume for your cheeks and hands, giving you a smoother, fuller appearance.
- Restylane Contour, is an innovative cheek filler designed to move with natural face expressions while providing restored cheek shape and definition.
- Restylane Kysse, is a lip filler made for flexible movement and natural-looking volume while maintaining a full range of expressions.
- Restylane – L, is often recommended for lip augmentation and to treat moderate to severe wrinkles in the nasolabial folds.
When you receive a Restylane treatment, our plastic surgeon may provide you with a topical numbing agent to minimize any discomfort during your injection. Restylane will begin working immediately to improve your appearance, and you can expect the final results to appear within two weeks of treatment. Your results will last six to nine months.
To find out more about receiving Restylane in Palm Desert, California, and to schedule a consultation with our plastic surgeon, Dr. Natalie Driessen, please contact us today at 760-773-6616.